Jesolo Blue Flag
Jesolo has the great distinction of having received the prestigious Blue Flag environmental quality award, uninterruptedly, since 2004.
Gaining this worldwide recognition means gaining the highest credibility in the field of:
- absolute bathing water quality
- quality and effectiveness in separate waste collection
- sewage treatment capacity
- the presence of pedestrian areas and cycle paths
- balance between tourist activities and respect for nature.
- quality services, from rescue to sanitation and beach cleanliness
- environmental education initiatives aimed at tourists, residents and especially young people
- ensure the usability of the beach also by disabled persons
Transparency and credibility for the citizen and the tourist.
From 1 June to 15 September, the Jesolo municipal administration, in the vicinity of the promenade, annually displays panels made in accordance with FEE requirements, on which the bathing water quality data are shown, continuously updated, so that every person can bathe in peace.
The Blue Flag is an international award given annually in 41 countries, initially only European, more recently also non-European, with the support and participation of the two UN agencies: UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) and UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation) with which the FEE has signed a Global Partnership Protocol.
The FEE Foundation for Environmental Education, founded in 1981, is an international non-governmental, non-profit organisation based in Denmark. It acts globally through its own organisations and is currently present in 60 countries on five continents. The main objective of FEE programmes is the dissemination of good practices for environmental sustainability, through a variety of education and training activities, particularly in schools of all levels.